Monday, June 6, 2016

Banana Cake with Caramel Sauce - IHCC Featuring Donna Hay

When I get a new kitchen toy I have to play with it immediately. A square bundt pan was my newest acquisition so a cake was in the offing. Its flavour was dictated by the bunch of bananas ripening faster than we could eat them and Donna Hay, I Heart Cooking Clubs' featured chef for June, had the perfect recipe.
The butter cake batter was made in the typical fashion with the usual baking pantry ingredients and enriched with sour cream and bananas, of course.
The cake was dense but moist, rich in banana flavour and imbued with cinnamon. It was very good on its own but the easy caramel sauce of cooked cream and brown sugar added a special touch, something this Australian cook is known for.

If you'd like to see more Donna Hay recipes, visit IHCC.

14 comments:

  1. Your new kitchen toy makes a stunning cake. Great choice for both the pan and the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a bundt pan shaped like that, I'll have to find one! That cake looks so good, I love caramel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a bundt pan shaped like that, I'll have to find one! That cake looks so good, I love caramel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki, the pan is Nordicware. I saw it on the King Arthur Flour website first but several places carry it.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Love love your new baking toy!! The cake look so elegent, and yummy with that caramel!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like everyone else, I'm in awe of your amazing looking cake. I want to try it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zosia,I absolutely love your Nordicware pan , it's very pretty and I just might order it soon for amazon.com, the recipe sounds delicious. .πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosa, Amazon.ca has it and so does Golda's in Mississauga.

      https://www.amazon.ca/Nordicware-59924-Bundt-Squared-Pan/dp/B00TVVB1P2/ref=sr_1_15?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1465325807&sr=1-15&keywords=nordic+ware+bundt+pans

      http://www.goldaskitchen.com/ca/bundt-pan-square-10-cup.html

      Delete
  7. Hi Zosia,
    I have never seen a square bundt pan like yours! And I do have a new toy too! A Nordicware rose bundt pan I bought a few weeks ago which I'm hoping to use very soon. Your banana cake with the caramel sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have stopped by your site to ogle this cake several times this week- it looks so incredible! A beautiful dense cake with a gorgeous caramel. I can't think of a better dessert:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pan makes for such a stunning presentation for this cake and the caramel sauce just takes a simple banana cake to the next level. Yum! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the design that pan makes on top of the cake, so pretty. And banana cake with caramel sauce would be terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.