Comprised of crunchy vanilla sugar cookies made with a of touch of honey, sweet marshmallow fluff and tart raspberry jam filling, and coated with a thin shell of chocolate, they were delicious. But were they as good as the originals?
The recipe for Black and White Wagon Wheels can be found here.
* I bought and ate an original Wagon Wheel......strictly for research purposes of course ;)
- my baking time for the cookies was 7-8 minutes
- I made the cookies a little smaller - 4cm instead of 5cm - and my yield was 104(!!!) single cookies, 34 sandwiches, more than double what the recipe says to expect
- I piped the marshmallow fluff - incredibly sticky stuff!! - and jam onto the cookies rather than trying to spread them on
- I used the amount of chocolate listed in the recipe and even with having over twice the number of cookies to coat, there was enough.
What did other IHCC members fill their tins with?