Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Brown Butter-Peach Tourte - Tuesdays with Dorie

Two tarts to celebrate seasonal fruit were chosen this month for Tuesdays with Dorie. This week, I made the peach tart. Actually, this peach dessert wasn't the typical open-faced tart I've become accustomed to making from the book Baking Chez Moi, but a tourte with a top crust made from the same cookie-like tart dough as the shell. Peach season here is short but sweet and this year's crop was particularly good, perfect for a pastry like this.
I decided to be more generous with the peaches so I loaded the crust with whatever it could hold, about one-and-a-half times what the recipe called for but even with the extra fruit, this was too buttery for me; I would have preferred it without the top crust and the browned butter but everyone else who had some really enjoyed it. 

To see the other fruit tarts, visit here.

4 comments:

  1. That's too bad that you didn't enjoy this one. I did find that I needed more fruit than the recipe called for to make sure it was full inside. This was devoured by my neighbours before I could even get a slice for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold brown crust is so appealing in yours. Mine turns dark instead of brown quite fast! The peaches are certainly the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the top crust and brown butter - but O am a dessert glutton. Your overstuffed Tart sounds Devine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will keep the extra fruit in mind and maybe cut back on the butter. Sometimes we have mentioned "butter with a side of butter" when it comes to French desserts. Yours looks gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.