Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Double-Corn Tea Cake - Tuesdays with Dorie

My latest endeavor from Baking Chez Moi was quite an interesting cake made with corn flour and fresh corn niblets. I'd never baked with corn flour before and wasn't sure what to expect.
It didn't rise that much for me so it was a little dense but it was fine-crumbed and moist and was a really pretty shade of yellow. The corn kernels were sweet and chewy, almost like dried fruit, but with concentrated corn flavour. It was a nice little cake but I wish I had followed Dorie's bonne idée and added nuts and cranberries for more flavour and to cut the sweetness.

Visit TWD to see the other members' bakes.

6 comments:

  1. Your cake is such a beautiful golden colour. I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, but I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color and taste of this cake. The smooth top looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake turned out so beautifully! I added the nuts and dried fruit but in my case the apricots ended up making a sweet interior. Maybe a different set of fruit would have been less sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved this one too. I also wish I had added dried fruit. Your picture is so bright and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours is a beautiful colour! I am taking notes from everyone's posts for when I make it (assuming I can find the flour!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this cake very much. I have newer baked cake with fresh corn. It's such a good idea. I have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.