Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Lavender Galettes - Tuesdays with Dorie

Lavender tends to be a polarizing ingredient in my family - Dorie's Spiced Honey Cake tasted strongly of it and was not a hit - so I wasn't sure how well these would go over. The fussiness of cutting individual parchment rectangles and thinly rolling a sticky dough in humid weather didn't add to their appeal.
So I was happy that they went over quite well. They were wafer thin, crisp and flaky like a rich cracker, and delicately flavoured with orange and vanilla with lavender as a subtle back note. There were some who would have preferred them sweeter but I liked them just as they were.

5 comments:

  1. i liked them just as they were, too-- the extra sprinkle of sugar on top was just right. yours look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely. I loved them and thought they were surpringly good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought these were good too. I liked the fact that they were not overly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved these too! I had the same worries with the lavender but they were a hit with everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.