Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Rhubarb-Lime Meringue Tart - Tuesdays with Dorie

It's time for another tart from Baking Chez Moi for Tuesdays with Dorie and I was very happy about this choice. It was a perfect way to showcase the star ingredient and one of my spring favourites, rhubarb.
It started with a pre-baked tart crust that was filled with sweetened rhubarb and custard and baked again. I used Dorie's bonne idée and topped it with my go-to Italian meringue instead of streusel. 

I loved this tart. Both the rhubarb and lime flavours came through clearly in the filling and it was tart enough to withstand the sweetness of the meringue. I did notice that the tart shell wasn't as crisp as it should have been (and usually is since I've used this recipe several times) and wonder if this was a case for shellacking the hot baked crust with egg white to protect it from the moist filling. I'll try that next time because I'm definitely making this again.

6 comments:

  1. If I hadn't made mini ones, I would have totally egg washed the bottom of the tart shell. I need to try both the full-sized version and this bonne idée - looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the meringue on top - just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your meringue skills are impressive. I look forward to making this dessert this weekend for Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how beautiful- i love the meringue idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping someone would make the meringue version - so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.