Monday, June 19, 2017

Herby Roasted Fish - IHCC A Pinch of This, A Dash of That!

This week's theme at I Heart Cooking Clubs is dishes that are flavoured with our favorite herbs and spices. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is our featured chef until October and as I leafed through his book River Cottage Every Day, I was struck by how many recipes included some of mine (but I'm partial to quite a few). I finally settled on the herby variation of Roasted Slashed Fish with Aromatic Paste.
Preparation was minimal (after the fish monger dressed the snapper for me), a few slashes and a rub made of garlic, lemon zest, parsley, dill, and chives (instead of the book's rosemary and thyme) and it was ready for the oven. 

We really enjoyed this. The flesh was moist and tasty and though slashing the fish made serving a little trickier, it ensured the flavours were in every bite. Simple and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.