Monday, May 1, 2017

Honey Whole Wheat Cake - IHCC Hit the Sweet Spot!

It's no secret that I love to bake and this week's IHCC theme gave me an excuse to try a new recipe, specifically this one from Hugh-Fearnley-Whittingstall's book River Cottage Every Day that I've had flagged to make for quite a while.
It called for whole wheat flour, ground almonds, brown sugar, butter, eggs, sliced almonds and honey, all basic ingredients from my baking pantry. Because that's what Hugh does - transforms the basics into something absolutely delicious.
This was such a lovely cake. Soft and moist, it tasted of caramel with the whole wheat flour and almonds adding nuttiness.....a perfect indulgence with a good cup of coffee.

Visit here to see what everyone else made this week.

2 comments:

  1. This whole wheat cake looks amazing. I want to make one just like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look and sound so delicious. Adding the almonds on top was brilliant. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.