Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Laurent's Slow-Roasted Spiced Pineapple - Tuesdays with Dorie

Our second fruity selection this month at Tuesdays with Dorie was a simple dish of slowly roasted pineapple. Apart from the direction to use orange juice, the choice of booze, jam and spices to flavour it was entirely up to you.
This was a lovely way to serve the fruit. I used apple jelly, a vanilla bean, and pink peppercorns, and replaced the booze with more orange juice. The intensified flavours of both the pineapple and syrup were fabulous. It was an elegant topping for some ice cream but I enjoyed it best on my morning oatmeal.

5 comments:

  1. This looks lovely, and seems to have tasted good too! Unfortunately I did not get around to this one and will have to leave it for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Topping your oatmeal with it is absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Yum, good idea paring it with oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband did not like it with ice cream but we all loved it with the lemon madeleines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was good, wasn't it. It surprised me in a good way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.