Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Black-and-White Marbled Madeleines - Tuesdays with Dorie

We're baking madeleines again this month at Tuesdays with Dorie. We've already tackled the excellent classic lemon flavour from Baking Chez Moi but I love a good marble cake so I was looking forward to this one.
Soft and tender, the little tea cakes had a very good ratio of vanilla to chocolate, with neither overwhelming the other. A surprising addition was lime zest. Its fragrance was quite powerful during baking but its flavour was subtle and added some interest. I really liked these but I think the lemon will always be my favourite.

To see what everyone else baked this week, visit here.

6 comments:

  1. Wow yours are beautiful, Mine were a bit of a dud. Did your batter make more than 12? I had so much leftover...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made 16....conveniently, that's what my pan holds

      Delete
  2. I still need to try the lemon ones especially to sway my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look terrific and perfect. I had an extra pan ready for extra dough and it filled exactly 4 cavities in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely madeleines, with wonderful humps! I've enjoyed these too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got great humps on your madeleines. These were rather good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.