Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Sunday in Paris Chocolate Cake - Tuesdays with Dorie

Tuesdays with Dorie members are baking up something sweet and chocolate-y again, another of the "Fancy Cakes" from the book Baking Chez Moi. The "fancy" part of the rather easy-to-make peanut-chocolate butter cake is in its presentation, either as mini loaves or a sleek oblong topped with dark chocolate ganache, chopped peanuts and chocolate shards.
Lacking the recommended pans, I baked the batter in a heart-shaped pan, and while I was about making changes, frosted the cake with whipped ganache, adding three times the cream to the chocolate, whipping it once it cooled.
We really enjoyed the cake: it had a deep, rich chocolate flavour that was balanced by the peanut butter and peanuts and it wasn't very sweet. But I think I over-baked it by a few minutes since it was a bit dry when I served it at room temperature (though next day's leftovers were quite moist straight from the fridge). 

It was a fun cake to try but if I were to make it again, I would bake as minis and decorate as the recipe directs as I think its appearance is part of its charm.

7 comments:

  1. Aww, your heart shaped cake with a rose is adorable. I really liked this cake,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the appearance of yours is gorgeous! I love whipped ganache--yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your whipped ganache looks wonderful! This cake was not overly moist so you may not have done much damage with over baking. When I make it again, I plan to add a little more liquid or maybe more peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake is beautiful! A delicious idea to add more cream to make whipped ganache! We enjoyed this cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Zosia, you make a absolutely beautiful heart shape cake and I did too for Valentine's Day😚😎

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your heart shaped cake and that gorgeous rose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cake it is so pretty. Impressed that you can do roses. Whipped ganache sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.