Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Nun's Beignets - Tuesdays with Dorie

I rarely eat doughnuts and it's rarer still that I deep fry food but for this week's Tuesdays with Dorie, I did both. The things we do for our online cooking groups!  
These sweet treats didn't involve any yeast-raised dough, just an easy choux pastry that was fried until puffed and golden then rolled in cinnamon-sugar. They were crisp with a tender interior and quite delicious. Who could resist them? My family certainly couldn't - they disappeared as quickly as I could make them

To see what everyone else made this week, visit here.

9 comments:

  1. My husband and I ate them all. I will be paying for it the rest of the week, but no regrets. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so delicious. My family just stood over the platter so they never made it to the dinner table. I could not believe how light they were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things we do... but I didn't! I baked mine! SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were delicious. I am glad your family enjoyed them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! These certainly look super-tempting! I might have to try them for myself after reading all the great accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree haha..the things we do for this baking group :). They did turn out well and everyone loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Zosia, I have the book to make these lovely Beignets, they look absolutely delicious, if I remember in my book to make them ,I'm sure that you can filling with chocolate, fruit too.😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of chocolate....but then, just about everything is better with chocolate.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.