Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Caramel Tart - Tuesdays with Dorie

This week, I baked yet another tart for Tuesdays with Dorie. Based on the name, I was expecting something cloyingly sweet and sticky so this silky, not-too-sweet caramel custard baked in Dorie's never-fail cookie crust was a pleasantly delicious surprise.
It was easy to put together but I recommend skimming off the foam before baking. I didn't and had to hide the patchy surface under some grated chocolate, though with the dearth of chocolate in my latest TWD bakes, it was a welcome addition according to family ;)!

Visit here to see what the other bakers made from Dorie Greenspan's Baking Chez Moi.

11 comments:

  1. I had the patchy surface too! Except I was too lazy to hide it. The tart was delicious though, wasn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to bake this! Yours looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice disguise with the chocolate. One good looking tart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I like the addition of the chocolate! :) Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will make a note to definitely skim the foam. Looks delish and i am so excited to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks really good, and who'd know about the foam with you pretty hiding job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have skimmed mine too but I did not read all the directions. Glad your chocolate addition worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Zosia, I love your caramel tart , it looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the skimming recommendation. I'll be baking this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tart looks great and delicious. Who would know about the foam anyway. I missed last week but thanks for the intel on the foam. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.