Thursday, October 27, 2016

Rich and Delicious Dinner Rolls - Cookbook Countdown BAKE!

I don't remember ever having made dinner rolls before - having now tasted these ones, my family thinks this is a grave oversight - but then I didn't have this recipe before. It's from Abby Dodge's latest book, The Everyday Baker, a book I acquired recently that I'm having great fun baking from. I decided to include these buns at our dinner this past Thanksgiving (October 10th).
The dough was similar to brioche, rich in butter, egg yolks and sugar but the method was much easier with all of the ingredients added at once and kneaded in a mixer for only about 10 minutes. It was very soft and sticky and you're instructed to use medium speed so I used my paddle attachment with great success. 
The author includes excellent directions for shaping them different ways but for my first attempt at these, I went the traditional route.
I can't say enough about how good these were: super soft and pillowy with a "rich and delicious" flavour as promised. They were so good, they almost stole the show at our dinner...almost, but the turkey prevailed.

This will be a new tradition at family celebrations!
I'm linking this post to Cookbook Countdown Special BAKE! hosted by Kitchen Flavours and Emily's Cooking (Makan2) Foray.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful rolls! Looks very soft and delicious! I love Abby Dodge's recipes! I especially love her bread recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful. I have the book too, and now I'm inspired! The fluffy interior is perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.