Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Edouard's Chocolate Chip Cookies - Tuesdays with Dorie

It's back to school with chocolate chip cookies from the Tuesdays with Dorie bakers working our way through Dorie Greenspan's Baking Chez Moi. But not just any chocolate chip cookies, ones that included hazelnuts, my favourite nut.
The recipe actually called for nut flour but without toasting it first, it didn't add much flavour to the cookie. They were still decent tasting chocolate chip cookies but I think they would have benefited from a little less time in my oven - they had crunchy edges and cakey centres initially but were as hard as biscotti the next day though I stored them as directed. I think I'll stick with my favourites, Kim Boyce's whole wheat chocolate chip from Good to the Grain or, to get my hazelnut fix, Joanne Chang's milk chocolate hazelnut from Flour.

5 comments:

  1. I baked them for a little less time than the recipe stated and the few that I hid away from the cookie monsters, were still perfect 5 days later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the hazelnut was supposed to impart much flavour - it was more for the texture (chewy!). I liked these, especially the size of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I baked mine for the lowest time mentioned in the recipe and they were perfect. Chewy and flavorful and maintained this... though they didn't last for that much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I baked mine for the lowest time mentioned in the recipe and they were perfect. Chewy and flavorful and maintained this... though they didn't last for that much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i made the other recipe this week, but am looking forward to this one. i like your thought of toasting the nut flour for a little more flavor.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.