Monday, July 11, 2016

Shrimp and Coriander Rolls - IHCC Featuring Nigel Slater

It's been a while since I've cooked with Nigel Slater but a quick perusal of all the recipes I flagged but didn't have a chance to make when he was featured chef at I Heart Cooking Clubs once before led me to Prawn and Coriander Rolls from his book The Kitchen Diaries.
"Roll" is somewhat of a misnomer as this recipe is actually for incredibly tasty fried shrimp patties, made with all things delicious (shrimp, spring onions, lemongrass, chiles, coriander, garlic) served in lettuce boats with a drizzle of a sweet, hot and tangy dipping sauce that provided incredible bursts of flavour with every bite.

They would make an excellent appetizer or a main rounded out with some steamed rice and vegetables.

Visit here to see more of Nigel's recipes.

6 comments:

  1. I love the taste and simplicity of this shrimp patty and the presentation that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would make a great appetizer. I love how you plated this, great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look perfectly delicious Zosia--roll or not! ;-) I love the lettuce wrap and that dipping sauce. Adding these to my Nigel "to-make" list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty dish. The flavors sound wonderful, too. You all have convinced me to spend some more time with Nigel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! These looks good! I love everything on the plate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would gobble these up proudly whether called rolls or patties;) I'm crazy for shrimp, especially with those flavors. Beautifully plated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.