Saturday, July 2, 2016

Roasted Carrots with Carrot Top Pesto and Burrata (sort of) - Cookbook Countdown

A Girl and Her Greens written by April Bloomfield, award winning Michelin starred chef and restaurateur, is the book I'll be cooking from this month for Cookbook Countdown. The recipes are vegetable centric but not necessarily vegetarian and are of varying degrees of complexity, some quite simple while others require advance planning and time to complete multiple components.
I started with one of the simpler dishes, Roasted Carrots with Carrot Top Pesto and Burrata, from the "Top to Tail" chapter filled with recipes encouraging the use of all edible parts of the vegetable, in this case, the feathery green carrot tops as well as the root.
The intense sweetness of the young roasted carrots was offset nicely by the slightly bitter pesto, the rich crema di burrata (the creamy interior of burrata without the mozzarella shell that I bought by mistake) and the lemony carrot top fronds. We really enjoyed this dish and with more of the pesto in the freezer, it will definitely be made again.

I'm linking this post to Cookbook Countdown hosted by Kitchen Flavours and Emily's Cooking (Makan2) Foray
It's a new month with new featured cookbooks and recipes to check out so be sure to stop by.

5 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. I quite like that cookbook, too. I've been thinking about doing a monthly round up of dishes from one of my cookbooks, in place of the Cottage Cooking Club. Making better use of what's on the shelf is one of my cooking goals for this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If those are your plans Teresa, I hope you'll consider posting at Cookbook Countdown. I needed a little push to do that very thing and it's been fun so far.

      Delete
  2. Hi Zosia,
    Your roasted carrots with the pesto looks so pretty! I like the taste of the slightly peppery young leaves of the carrot greens. Using them to make pesto sounds good! This book sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I hadn't tried them before making this recipe!

      Delete
  3. This book sounds amazing.... but your plated roasted carrots is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.