Monday, July 4, 2016

Piri Piri Chicken with Slaw - IHCC On the Barbie!

Wow! Just wow! That was my family's reaction to Curtis Stone's Piri Piri Chicken with Slaw made for this week's I Heart Cooking Clubs theme of barbecued food. And it was that good.
I love dishes like this, fuss free and loaded with flavour (and only moderate heat) thanks to the Portuguese Piri Piri sauce marinade for the chicken thighs, a mixture of 2 types of hot red chiles, garlic, and red wine vinegar that took just moments to blitz together. Next time I'm making a double batch of this sauce it's so good!!
And don't you love that Curtis usually includes recipes and suggestions for sides that take the guesswork out of meal planning? The cool and tangy lime-dressed cucumber and cabbage slaw and flatbread were tasty accompaniments to the hot and spicy BBQ chicken kebabs

Visit here to what else was on the barbie this week at IHCC.

7 comments:

  1. I want to make this. Great photos. I hope I can do this while the theme is On the Barbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish with all the sides looks delicious. Our family is not big into heat, so even "moderate" heat seems too spice for us. Maybe one chile...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piri Piri ! The more life experience I gain, I am going to love heat. And it's a very personal perspective to define "moderate" heat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuss free and loaded with flavor is always the best. ;-) I love how colorful this is on the plate and that cucumber and cabbage slaw looks amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole meal sounds just fabulous. I do want to make that sauce, though will probably cut down the heat some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A complete meal at its best. The piri piri marinade in medium heat sounds tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW indeed! Looks so delicious! Piri piri sauce marinade sounds so good! Serving with the flatbreads, the slaw and the corn, looks like the perfect satisfying meal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.