Thursday, July 14, 2016

Piedmontese Peppers - Cookbook Countdown

I'm cooking from the book A Girl and Her Greens by April Bloomfield this month for Cookbook Countdown and the latest recipe I tried was one that really captured the Mediterranean flavours I so enjoy.
Small sweet bell peppers, halved and seeded, filled with sliced garlic, fresh basil, anchovies and cherry tomatoes were roasted with a drizzle of olive oil until they were soft and silky with a bit of a char, the garlic was sweet, the anchovies dissolved and the tomatoes burst and released all of their goodness.
The little pepper boats held all of those beautiful ingredients in allowing their flavours to mingle and meld. So easy and so good. I served them as a side but they would make perfect little appetizers too.
I'm linking this post to Cookbook Countdown hosted by Kitchen Flavours and Emily's Cooking (Makan2) Foray.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Zosia,
    This is such a lovely dish! I love bell peppers. I think I could just eat your peppers with some toasted crispy bread! yums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zosia,
    I love bell peppers too. But my hubby and 2 boys dislike it.
    It's ok. I will make this just for myself :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.