Monday, July 25, 2016

Pasta with Lemon, Garlic and Thyme Mushrooms - IHCC Potluck

Lemon, garlic and thyme are some of my favourite ingredients and Nigella Lawson uses them with raw mushrooms and a little olive oil in a no-cook pasta "sauce" that Food52 considers a "genius recipe"
I'm not surprised. The mushrooms, little sponges that they are, absorb all of those beautiful flavours and take on the appearance and texture of having been cooked in the short time it takes to cook some pasta. Lovely and light, you really couldn't ask for an easier meal. You can find the recipe at Food52 or at Nigella's site.
It's potluck week at I Heart Cooking Clubs when we're free to cook with any of the featured chefs; I cooked with Nigella...I wonder who the others chose. Visit here to find out.

7 comments:

  1. This may be what I need to cook tonight. We aren't sure what to have and this looks like it won't heat up the kitchen much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a real genius recipe with all the flavors and ease of no cooking involved. I want to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore a good no-cook pasta sauce and this one look really delicious and satisfying with the meaty mushrooms. Yum! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see this one as a quick and easy dish for busy weeknight dinners. A definite go-to in the kitchen. Looks so satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quick and easy for a busy housewife and pasta always works

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plate of pasta looks so yummy! I adore mushrooms and with just simple ingredients, makes a wonderful delicious meal! The perfect pasta dish for any meal of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pasta is always a good alternative to just about any meal. Love the idea of NOT cooking the sauce.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.