Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Cornmeal and Berry Cakes - Tuesdays with Dorie

Lemony baby cakes bursting with fresh raspberries was one of this month's fruity baking projects from Baking Chez Moi for Tuesdays with Dorie
These little cakes had a very nice flavour but were quite dense and had that grittiness that comes with even the finely ground cornmeal used in this recipe. And despite their initial moistness, and all of the butter and olive oil in them, they became stale quite quickly.

They were easy to make and were a little different from the usual so I'm glad I tried them but I think there are cake recipes out there that are more worthy of those delicious summer berries.

7 comments:

  1. Oh that's too bad... Mine definitely had the cornmeal "grit" but they were light and moist and stayed that way for 3 days.... Yours look beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These raspberries look so fresh that they almost jump out from the little cakes and the page. I hesitate to make these cakes since I'm not a fan of cornmeal. Your cakes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cakes are so pretty! I really liked these - perfect flavours and loved the cornmeal texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cakes look so good. I agree with you on the cornmeal I´m not a fan probably because I´m not used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your raspberries look so fresh and red!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you cut them... they could easily be dipped in white chocolate for a nice little tea time dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you cut them... they could easily be dipped in white chocolate for a nice little tea time dessert!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.