Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Rice Pudding, Strawberries and Spiced Hibiscus Syrup - Tuesdays with Dorie

I'd neither tasted nor made rice pudding before this nor had I ever been tempted to based on its appearance alone so I was pleasantly surprised by this dessert from Dorie Greenspan's Baking Chez Moi, one of this month's choices for Tuesdays with Dorie.
It was very creamy with good vanilla flavour and the Arborio rice grains retained their integrity, something I wasn't expecting. Some family loved it as is but I preferred it with the tangy hibiscus syrup (made with hibiscus flowers, half the sugar and the juice of a whole lemon) and fresh strawberries with their pops of fruity flavour, good foils for the richness of the pudding.

Visit here to see what everyone else made. 

10 comments:

  1. I love rice pudding and glad you liked it yourself! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rice pudding and glad you liked it yourself! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the shape of Arborio rice holding up well. The fresh strawberries look sharp and bright in your dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is so pretty! My favourite part of this was the syrup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rice pudding is so pretty in its strawberry moat. I liked this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to make this one but will do it this weekend. My husband is the rice pudding lover of the family. I look forward to trying it. I will definitely include the strawberries and syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Dorie's rice pudding and the hibiscus syrup is a wonderful accompaniment for it. I went with blueberries for mine, as they are really wonderful right now. Your photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.