Monday, May 23, 2016

Tarte Tropézienne - Tuesdays with Dorie

The second "Fancy Cake" I made this month for Tuesdays with Dorie was an elegant dessert of vanilla diplomat cream sandwiched between layers of tender brioche. 
With only two components it wasn't difficult but did need some advance planning since the parts required time to chill, rest, proof etc...I did most of the work the day before, making the brioche dough (next time I may try it with this no-knead recipe) and the pastry cream. Proofing and baking the bread, finishing the filling with some whipped cream and assembling the dessert was all that remained to do next day, apart from enjoying it, that is.
And enjoy it we did. It was quite rich but not overly sweet and I loved the contrasting textures of the cool creamy filling and crunchy topping.

Visit here to see which cake everyone else baked from Dorie Greenspan's Baking Chez Moi this week.

8 comments:

  1. Your tarte is gorgeous. I loved this one, but because of the length of time required to make it, I think I will just buy one in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tarte looks great. I´m glad you liked it. I had a lot of problems with the filling. I will just buy one if I want to have this again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one was great and I will definitely be making it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tarte looks perfect! It really does look like a "fancy cake!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! looks great-- i didn't make it this month, but will have to give it a go sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cake looks gorgeous and fancy. I loved making brioche too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely two fancy cakes this month. The no-knead method sounds good. This was a fair amount of work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.