Monday, May 16, 2016

Mediterranean Crêpes - IHCC Sunny Side Up!

This week, our theme at IHCC is breakfast/brunch fare. We're currently cooking with Australian chef Curtis Stone; I chose his recipe for Mediterranean Crêpes Filled with Prosciutto, Feta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Olives which can be found here.
I'm a big proponent of doing things in advance if I can so I made the crêpes the night before. This recipe included a fair bit of sugar and whipping cream which resulted in a really tender crêpe, but also one that was very fragile; I poked holes in a few trying to turn them over!
All that was left to do the next day was to fill them and pop them in the oven to heat through. I filled them with feta, olives, and roasted tomatoes and peppers I had frozen last summer. I don't often make savoury crêpes but this is a recipe I'll make again and again. The combination of sweet, salty and briny ingredients wrapped in a delicate package was fabulous.

Visit here to see all the other Curtis Stone dishes worth waking up for! 

11 comments:

  1. A savory mediterranean crepe is such a great idea for breakfast. Make ahead is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your make-ahead approach! :)
    Savoury crepe makes such perfect breakfast and lunch! I can see why you would want to make this again, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every single item you put in your crepes - wow! I could eat a plate of this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always a fan of savory breakfasts and I love all of the delicious Mediterranean ingredients that you have folded into these. So pretty on the plate too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great filling combination. I often make crepes for breakfast with fruit and sour cream filling, then have the extras for a later dinner, cannelloni with a red or Alfredo sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those crepes look so delicate! How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I would like this for lunch tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am impressed that you make your own crepes. I have yet to do that. It sounds like a wonderful brunch recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can never go wrong with crepes, whether sweet or savory. This one looks really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This could be my breakfast any day. What a great combination of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is a beautiful and stunning breakfast. Caught my eye in the book and also here on your site. It begs to be made.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.