Monday, May 9, 2016

Betty's Chocoholic Cake - Tuesdays with Dorie

Two recipes from the "Fancy Cakes" chapter in Baking Chez Moi were selected for our Tuesdays with Dorie baking projects this month. Both were quite easy to make with only two components each yet the results made them deserving of the "fancy cake" moniker. Don't you love recipes like that?
This week I'm featuring Betty's Chocoholic Cake comprising layers of moist brownie-type cake and luxurious chocolate ganache. Dorie mentions filling, topping or serving the cake with whipped cream so I added a third component, cocoa whipped cream filling, cocoa-flavoured so it wouldn't interfere with the "totally chocolate" effect of the cake.

The varying textures and chocolate intensity of the components worked beautifully together to create this ultimate chocolate indulgence....one of the best things I've made so far from this book according to family.

Visit here to view the other "Fancy Cake" creations. 

15 comments:

  1. Wow this looks beautiful! I'd love to know more about the actual making of this (i.e. did it take all day like the Tartes did?) as I plan on making it for my own birthday cake this weekend! I am hoping it's an easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this looks delicious. I was torn between which cake to make, so now I am very much looking forward to this one. I also love that you made a rectangular cake... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this looks delicious. I was torn between which cake to make, so now I am very much looking forward to this one. I also love that you made a rectangular cake... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your choice of cake pans. Rectangular makes it easy to serve and shows off the layers of this delicious cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fantastic! I am looking forward to trying it next week :) I love the shape of the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one lovely cake in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cake looks delicious. I can't wait to try it myself next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cake looks perfect and fancy! All of the different textures look amazing and the cocoa whipped cream filling sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cake looks beautiful and I love how you made it in a rectangular pan. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a very good idea to put whipped cream in the filling of your cake. It was too rich with all that ganache. Glad that your family enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so gorgeous! I love that you used a rectangular pan and the cocoa whipped cream sounds like the perfect pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zosia, your Betty's Chocoholic Cake with coca whipped cream simply looks absolutely delicious and I'm sure that you family loved it.�� .P. S. When you have a couple of minutes please stop by .��

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.