Monday, April 25, 2016

Meatzza - IHCC Potluck

This week is Potluck week at I Heart Cooking Clubs when we can cook with any of the featured chefs, past or present. I chose a Nigella Lawson recipe but not just any recipe, one she says is "numero uno" so far from her book Nigellissima. Described in the headnotes as a meatball mixture pressed into a pan, I knew immediately how I wanted to serve it......
....as a "meatball" sandwich! I didn't have to make too many adjustments for it to be more sandwich friendly, I just used a square baking pan to better fit some square ciabiatta buns and used homemade marinara instead of chunky chopped tomatoes.

It took a fraction of the time to make since there was no meatball shaping, browning and simmering required but all of the important elements of a meatball sandwich were there: moist and juicy meat redolent with garlic smothered in tangy tomato sauce and creamy mozzarella. Definitely "numero uno" according to my family!

The recipe for Nigella's Meatzza is available here. To see what everyone else made this week at IHCC, visit here.

12 comments:

  1. I love Nigella. This is a good pick, I have had it before - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Numero uno in efficiency and taste. Works wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made an excellent adaptation to a good recipe, one I'd like to try myself... soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust Nigella for a hearty and delicious comfort food dish. Easy to see why it's #1! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just browsing thru this book yesterday, and thinking of using it for CC in the coming months! And actually had this meatzza recipe bookmarked. I love how you made the meatzza into a sandwich instead, and with homemade marinara sauce, sounds even yummier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to make the meatzza! It looks so good as a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks very appetizing, glad that I am satisfied ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One very satisfying sandwich with some of my very favorite flavors. I can see how this would appeal to everyone:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see how this would become a real family favourite, and perfect for a quick and satisfying mid-week dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always want to make meatzza but haven't done so. Yours look superb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea at adapting this recipe. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.