Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Masala Chai - Cooking with Madhur Jaffrey, IHCC

It snowed again. 
Madhur Jaffrey says she likes to have spiced tea, or Masala Chai, on cold, blustery days which perfectly describes the weather here in the aftermath of the storm. Black tea flavoured with cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and my addition of pink peppercorns and orange peel was just what was needed to warm us through. And a few of Kim Boyce's whole wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies from Good to the Grain didn't hurt either ;)!
The recipe for the tea comes from Madhur Jaffrey's book Indian Cooking but can also be found here.  Visit I Heart Cooking Clubs to see the other spicy treats from this week's featured chef.

6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I have made this before, but am liking your addition of orange peel and pink peppercorns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so tempting. I'll go make myself one cup after I've finished typing. The picture with the pink peppercorns is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent pairing for a cold day! And, I've just bought myself some pink peppercorns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love masala chai--hot or iced. So smart to add the orange peel and the pink peppercorns. Yum! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite kind of tea. And I love hers. Love the orange peel addition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.