Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Jammer Galette - Tuesdays with Dorie

One of the Tuesdays with Dorie picks this month from Baking Chez Moi was a ginormous version of the author's famous Jammer, a jam and streusel-topped sablé cookie.
As I did with the Lemon Squares, French Style, I substituted coconut oil for half the butter in both crust and streusel to tone down the butteriness, and filled the galette with my favourite tart and super fruity strawberry and passionfruit jam to balance the richness of the pastry.

This was easy to make and even easier to eat and enjoy. Loved it!

Visit here to see what everyone else made this week.

12 comments:

  1. Oh I like that you made a tart out of this. I hesitated as I was doing this because I have eaten the jammer cookies before and they don't have a "side" to the crust so I went for it and made one big "cookie" galette. Worked well but I love how yours looks with sides too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours looks so delicious. I am really looking forward to making this one next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours looks so delicious. I am really looking forward to making this one next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good adjustment with the coconut oil. Did you substitute one for one. What a fantastic idea? Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. The butter I use is only about 81-82% fat so when I substituted, I used 82% coconut oil and 18% skim milk (for the milk solids and water that are in butter) to make up the weight of the butter I replaced.

      Delete
  5. Strawberry and passion fruit jam sounds and looks delicious! What a good idea to use coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so luscious, and the coconut oil would have added a lovely coconut flavour to the galette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your galette looks so luscious and decadent! The coconut oil sounds like a great idea and I think a tart jam would have been great to cut through the sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really yummy! I haven't substituted coconut oil for butter, but you've inspired me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one seems to be a hit with the group no matter what kind of jam you use. Simple and delicious indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a favourite here, too. I love having a recipe that's so simple and useful - it's going to be my go to for using up jam from now on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.