Saturday, April 23, 2016

Grilled Fish & Vegetables with Garlic-Chile Dressing - Cookbook Countdown

For an easy weeknight meal, I tackled two more recipes from The Food of Spain by Claudia Roden, the book I've been cooking from this past month for Cookbook Countdown (learn more about it here or here): Pan-Grilled Fish with Garlic and Chile Dressing and Grilled Vegetables.
I love recipes like this where the fish is simply cooked then finished with a simple but incredibly flavourful sauce. A vinaigrette of olive oil, white wine vinegar, sautéed garlic slices and red chiles added some zing and heat to pan-fried fish and to the boiled potatoes as well.
The vegetable dish was really more technique than recipe: just about any vegetable could be used and alternative cooking methods to the plancha, a traditional flattop griddle, were suggested. I used my trusty stove top grill pan to add smoky flavour to some sweet bell peppers that had been brushed with herby olive oil.

Simple, quick and delicious!
I'm linking this post to Cookbook Countdown hosted by Kitchen Flavours and Emily's Cooking (Makan2) Foray.     

4 comments:

  1. Zosia, Your grill fish and vegetable with garlic dressing and those peppers looks absolutely amazingly delicious yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zosia,
    Such a lovely and mouth-watering dish! Both the fish and the sweet peppers looks absolutely delicious! I am liking the dishes you've cooked from this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zosia!
    I like your photos. These foods look delicious! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is the BEST way to cook fresh fish. And with the grilled veggies -- yes please.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.