Monday, April 25, 2016

Cocoa Crunch Meringue Sandwiches - Tuesdays with Dorie

These light, crisp chocolate meringue cookies sandwiched with a silky ganache filling were fantastic and they were one of our Tuesdays with Dorie choices for this month.
The finely chopped walnuts in the meringue added a little chew to the cookie and 70% cacao chocolate in the filling ensured that these weren't too sweet. The yield of 8 cookies seemed quite small but the chocolate flavour was so intense, savoured slowly - and that's how these should be enjoyed to appreciate every nuance of flavour and texture - one was enough to satisfy

Visit here to see what everyone else made.

10 comments:

  1. These were really tasty, weren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband wanted to know why I had only made 8 of these! He really liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your meringues look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were just lovely, weren't they. My only complaint is that I would have liked more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look great! i only made four, but liked these a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were seriously delicious! A winner for sure! Yours look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My book club said these were quite rich and were happy with just one each. My husband quickly ate two:) I am making them again for a dinner party this weekend. I won't worry about the bumps this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look wonderful! Meringue cookies are such a treat, especially with a filling like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, they look fantastic! Shiny and rich and oh so chocolatey! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.