Friday, April 29, 2016

Almond Cake - Cookbook Countdown

Almonds are an important ingredient in Spanish cuisine and make a frequent appearance in both savoury and sweet dishes so to finish my month of cooking from Claudia Roden's The Food of Spain for Cookbook Countdown, I turned to the recipe for Tarta de Santiago
This is a lovely, moist cake, flourless and made with no added fat. It's also very quick to put together if you happen to have almond flour on hand, which I did. Almonds and citrus are such a perfect pairing and both ingredients are beautifully represented in this dessert.
I'm linking this post to Cookbook Countdown hosted by Kitchen Flavours and Emily's Cooking (Makan2) Foray.       

5 comments:

  1. Hi Zosia,
    A lovely cake! This would be wonderful with a cup of warm tea. I like all the recipes that you've tried from this book. I don't have any of Claudia Roden's books, hopefully that will change!
    Just a note : Cookbook Countdown has its own blog space now, at the link below. You may submit your posts in CC's new website effective May. Thank you so much for your continuous support, and looking forward to see which book you will be cooking from next! :)
    http://starbakes.blogspot.my/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce, I really enjoyed cooking from this book and she has many more. Yay for the new website!

      Delete
  2. Yummy! 😆 Zosia, I absolutely love this almonds cake tart, almond is My favorite, it looks very delicious. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish! Fed-Ex me a big slice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.