Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Soft-Centred Chocolate Teacup Cakes - Tuesdays with Dorie

This month, Tuesdays with Dorie is celebrating chocolate with two recipes from Baking Chez Moi. When I saw the direction voting was taking, I made sure to stock up on my favourites and that's what Dorie advises using for this recipe, chocolate you enjoy eating "straight up".  
I'd never made a molten cake before and my family and I quite enjoyed this decadent dessert comprising a spongy cake surrounding a pool of dark, liquid chocolate with a white chocolate surprise hidden in its molten depths

Rich and delicious, it would be ideal for special occasions, but as someone who prefers make-ahead desserts, I do wonder if this batter can be mixed in advance and baked when needed....

Did anyone in the group try that? Visit here to find out.

13 comments:

  1. I didn't make the batter in advance and bake it but I did bake these a couple of hours before I ate them and they were still pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered the same, but they really are so efficient that I could whip them up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered the same, but they really are so efficient that I could whip them up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also wondering the same thing about preparing the batter in advance. I like how you mixed in some white chocolate in your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this cake served warm. I doubt that the batter will maintain its light airy structure should it be made ahead. The teacup adds whimsy. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think good chocolate makes a huge difference in the end result. I am also curious about what it would be like to assemble these ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you not bake ahead and then reheat in the microwave for a few sec? I love your tea cup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cakes look so good - love that gooey centre. I just mafe one cake and ate it warm but I read that someone microwaved it next day to make it gooey and it was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I did bake mine off a few hours before (so I could take a photo in the daylight), then reheated them till just warm (maybe 5 mins) in a lower temp oven later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cakes look perfect with the molten center and cozy in their teacup. I have been wondering about making them ahead of time too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made yours in teacups! Adorable! Did you find that they were safe in the oven?

    And I baked two and ate one warm, and then reheated the second the next day in the microwave. Was just as good reheated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really loved these, your photo looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.