Monday, January 25, 2016

Fluted Carrot-Tangerine Cake - Tuesdays with Dorie

A lovely, moist cake with pretty fluted edges was one of the January Tuesdays with Dorie baking projects from Dorie Greenspan's latest book, Baking Chez Moi. It was very popular with most of the baking group's members who made it earlier in the month and I have little to add to their praise.
Made with carrots and tangerine juice and zest, it was deliciously fruity with a soft and fluffy texture. I was excited about the fresh ginger in the recipe but really couldn't detect it in the end. Oh well.....it was a big hit regardless and I'll definitely make it again but with extra ginger. 

11 comments:

  1. Your cake turned out beautifully! I really enjoyed this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fab cake, and I am with you on increasing the ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't taste much ginger either but it was a lovely cake!
    Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was definitell delicious. I so enjoyed it and would also make this again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was definitell delicious. I so enjoyed it and would also make this again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cake looks wonderful! I'm wishing for a slice all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely cake and yours looks particularly delicious and tempting. I tried to detect ginger in mine but never happened. I just assumed that too much stuck to the bowl and didn't make it into the batter, doubling it sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cake looks perfect. That carrot cake recipe was quite a winner with most everyone, something I will definitely make again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could't taste the ginger, or carrots either for that matter, but it was so delicious! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cake looks exactly as Dorie describes it, all dense and yummy! And yes, I couldn't taste the ginger either. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just caught up on this one on the blog today and completely agree - this is a fabulous cake. I think I put extra ginger in it, because mine had a great zing. I'll definitely be making it again. Yours looks perfect and I love your cake stand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.