Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Chocolate-Chestnut Tart with Chestnut-Vanilla Syrup - Tuesdays with Dorie

A chocolate ganache-filled tart is a classic dessert that needs no help, but this week's Tuesdays with Dorie project included a special ingredient in the filling: roasted chestnuts candied in vanilla-bean syrup. They added extra sweetness, a little texture and a subtle nutty flavour to an already delicious tart. A slice of this was excellent served as is with coffee.
But Dorie didn't stop there, suggesting that it be served with coffee ice cream and a drizzle of the chestnut-vanilla syrup....
Pure decadence!

This month at TWD, we can bake and post the two December recipes from Baking Chez Moi in the order we want. Next up for me will be the Stained Glass Cookies on December 22. Visit here to see which recipe the other members chose to make this week

10 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to make this now I have seen a few posted! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is over-the-top decadence. Lovely, pure and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making the tart this weekend. look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you enjoyed it as much as we have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you enjoyed it as much as we have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made the cookies this week but am really looking forward to baking the tart. Your tart is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful, can't wait to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tart looks great. I´m looking for chestnuts and will bake this one if I find them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made the cookies this week, but reading these posts makes me excited to make the tart. It is good to know to go all the way…the syrup and the coffee ice cream. Yours looks decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, another chestnut tart! This was the bomb, wasn't it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.