Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Pear-Cranberry Roll-Up Tart - Tuesdays with Dorie

One of my favourite fall crisp recipes includes sweet, juicy pears and tart cranberries so I was very excited to make this week's Tuesdays with Dorie selection from Baking Chez Moi.  
The fruit filling for this tart was encased in galette pastry, a dough I've made a few times now and one that's easy to work with. I added sparkly sugar for a little crunch and made candied cranberries, Dorie's recipe on page 451, to adorn the plate.

The flavour was fantastic, especially with ginger adding its warmth to the already delicious filling, but the tart had a very high pastry to fruit ratio. I wanted more fruit. Next time, I'll dispense with trying to shape it into a roll and just make it as a free-form galette with twice the amount of those fabulous gingery pears and cranberries.

13 comments:

  1. Yours is lovely with the sparkly sugar! I actually found the ratio to be "just right" - I guess it depended on the size of the fruit? In any case, this is a new face way to make a galette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely, especially with the candied cranberries. This is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of the free form galette! This dough was a bit difficult to roll so that would take care of the problem. Yours looks great and I love the sugared cranberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours looks so perfect and I really like the sugared cranberries. Mine did not look anythink like this :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Your tart looks perfect! Nice touch with the candied cranberries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours looks great! Love the candied cranberries! Have to adMIT I considered a free form galette with this for Thanksgiving too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours looks great! Love the candied cranberries! Have to adMIT I considered a free form galette with this for Thanksgiving too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The candied cranberries are delightful. Just the right touch to adorn the roll-up tart. I have been tempted to make a galette with this wonderful dough recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tart, Zosia! I like your candied cranberries, looks really nice. And I think a galette would be much easier to make and slice too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those candied cranberries look like fun, I will have to try those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your candied cranberries are lovely - the perfect way to decorate the plate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your photos -- the reality must have been tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not made this one yet, but I think I will for the holidays. Yours looks very festive, with the sugary crust and the candied cranberries. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.