Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Jam-Filled Sandwich Cookies - Tuesdays with Dorie

Little pocket cookies with a jam surprise were this week's project for Tuesdays with Dorie from Dorie Greenspan's latest book, Baking Chez Moi.
In the midst of this seemingly never-ending heat wave, I was grateful that this recipe made a small batch - no need to have the oven on for very long. The cookie dough was easily rolled out between parchment sheets but softened very quickly, even with the air conditioning on, so I appreciated the author's directions to keep it chilled.

In the end, the shortbread-like cookies were tender and crumbly, and the rose hip jam I used for the filling was a tart and pleasant contrast to their sweetness. I may have been happy about the small batch size but my tasters weren't - they loved them and were looking for more!

9 comments:

  1. I loved these so much. Will definitely be making them again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were a winner for sure. I filled most of mine with a bit of marmalade
    and some with cherry jam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose-hip jam, yum! Everyone has such clever filling idea, and I love yours! Your cookies look so utterly perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my cookie cutter was a bit shy of 2 inches, so I think that is why I made 20. You are the second person who has used rose hip jam, I think I need to look into that. We are having the endless heat wave in California too. I am so looking forward to Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciated the small batch size of these cookies too. Rose-hip jam...sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the weather cooled down when I made these - the dough was easy to work with unless it got warm. These are ones I'll make over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cookies do appeal to me. The Rose Hip Jam.....did you make it yourself? We are in the high 30's at night and it is cold most of the morning but get to the high 70s during the day. I do better with heat waves than cold patches. For us, the snowflakes are not far behind. However, an oven and a heat wave are not good companions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I was very happy that the oven time was minimal

    The rose-hip jam version sounds perfect for a snack with afternoon tea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uum, rose hip jam sounds lovely. I was grateful for the small batch because I am lazy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.