Monday, August 24, 2015

Lemon-Tarragon Haddock with Summer Vegetable Medley - IHCC Potluck

For this month's IHCC potluck, I cooked with featured chef Jacques Pépin, again drawing from his book Jacques Pépin's Simple and Healthy Cooking. On the menu was Broiled Red Snapper with Lemon-Tarragon Sauce with some modifications and Pea, Mushroom and Corn Medley.
The fish dish was much easier to make than one would think from its title with only the fish requiring any cooking. Since it was very hot and the vegetable side dish was a quick stir-fry prepared stove top, I decided not to turn on my oven and cooked the fish quickly in a lightly oiled non-stick pan instead of broiling it. I used economical frozen haddock fillets which worked perfectly in this recipe. The "sauce" was actually a balsamic vinegar dressing made with lemon zest, tarragon, shallots and garlic that was drizzled over the cooked fish, a zingy and flavourful addition.
I loved this! The locally grown, farm-fresh vegetables, quickly cooked with some shallots, were sweet and fresh tasting, a wonderful counterpoint to the tangy fish. That these dishes were healthy and very quick to prepare were just added bonuses. I would definitely make them again. 

Visit here to see what everyone else brought to the potluck.

5 comments:

  1. Can't quite decide which one I like better: fish or vegetables? I can eat like this every meal. Fantastic combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about this meal is appealing to me. I love how zippy and zesty the lemon and tarragon sauce sounds and the fish looks so flaky and light. A beautiful medley of colorful veggies is the perfect side. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely! And I just spotted on EYB what you are making for Mystery Box Madness (I looked at that one too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon and tarragon are two of my favorite ingredients. This looks like my perfect dinner--especially for a warm summer night. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.