Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Apricot-Raspberry Tart - Tuesdays with Dorie

A delicious, fruity tart that required practically no effort to make was this week's Tuesdays with Dorie choice from the book Baking Chez Moi. 
The base was Dorie's Sweet Tart Dough, one the easiest, most foolproof recipes ever that I made ahead, froze and baked on serving day. All that was left was to arrange fresh apricots and raspberries on a bed of sweet cake crumbs I had in the freezer left over from this Twinkie Bundt Cake to absorb the fruits' juices, and bake again. 
Family and I loved this but I don't think you can go wrong with roasted summer fruit on a sweet cookie crust. 

Did anyone try the bonne idée and make the Apricot-Almond Cream Tart? Visit here to find out.

12 comments:

  1. I totally don't think you can go wrong with fruit on this crust - so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tart! I've used some leftover bundt cake crumbs too! Apricots and raspberries are very costly over here. But it works well with canned peaches and blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, gorgeous! Did you glaze your tart afterwards? And I did use the bonne idee and it turned out incredibly well! I'll definitely be making this one again and again. Great presenation and great taste = repeat recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fruit looked dry after baking so I used a Dorie trick and glazed it with apricot preserves.

      Delete
  4. MMMMMmmm YUM. I was eyeing up that same tart pan and now I absolutely have to go back and use that one next time - you made it look amazing ! I did not use the almond cream but also have plans to incorporate that the next time. While there was nothing but compliments from my taste testers, my hubby did say he thought we would have some jam or glaze or such in the tart. It did not help that I put my apricots in flat on their backs so their juices never rolled out - LOL. (but we still got to eat them....). Lovely post ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't this tart just wonderful. Yours looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a fantastic fruit tart and I'm loving your tart pan shape..looks just beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous tart! Your photos are just lovely! Very nicely done! It was a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your tart looks delicious! The glaze really adds a lot! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The glaze really makes your tart gorgeous! I have that same tart pan and prefer it to the round...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your glaze looks amazing... Just like out of a patisserie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always use some sort of glaze on my tarts and I don't know why I did not do that here. Your tart looks wonderful in that pan, so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.