Monday, March 30, 2015

Blood Orange and Cardamom Sorbet - IHCC Farewell, Diana Henry!

Beautiful and vibrant - words that describe this gorgeous Blood Orange and Cardamom Sorbet and so many other dishes I've prepared from Diana Henry, I Heart Cooking Clubs' featured chef for the past six months.
As I have with previous chefs, I decided to say farewell with a dessert, this one a refreshing frozen treat made with freshly squeezed blood orange juice and cardamom-laced simple syrup from the book A Change of Appetite. I lucked into a batch of very dark red oranges that produced a pretty fuchsia colour and gave the dessert a lovely, slightly bittersweet flavour. It was fantastic and will definitely be made again.
I've really enjoyed exploring the dishes of this new-to-me cook, cooking primarily from two of her books, A Change of Appetite mentioned above, and Plenty, filled with economical and family-friendly, but no less delicious fare. I'm now enjoying reading her latest, A Bird in the Hand, with its focus on my family's favourite protein: chicken!

Next week heralds the arrival of IHCC's newest featured chef, the illustrious Jacques Pepin. I see lots of French food in my future! Until then, visit IHCC to see the wonderful recipe round-ups and farewells of the other members.

7 comments:

  1. Stunning colour! I've had that one bookmarked for ages, but I've missed blood orange season now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with the vibrant blood orange hue and the green pistachios. Definitely tagging this one to make! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colorfully, exciting dish to farewell Diana Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful dessert! I have not seen blood oranges around here before, would love to get hold of some! I've enjoyed Diana Henry's recipes and yup, the next book I'll get will be A Bird In The Hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really enjoyed seeing all the recipes made with blood oranges recently! This has to be one of the prettiest! A sweet way to say farewell to DH. Bird in the Hand is on my list of cookbooks to get since my family loves chicken as well. Looking forward to cooking Pepin with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that lovely shade of pink! :)

    Quoting Kim, Hope to cook the recipes of Jacques Pepin with you over the next six months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love blood oranges, and I am definitely bookmarking this one for that brief moment when they come in to season here. The colour or that sorbet is stunning and I bet the flavour is too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.