Saturday, March 7, 2015

Black & White Cookie Ripple Coffee Cake

This is the ultimate cookies 'n' cream cake that makes your kitchen smell as though you're baking Oreo cookies....which you actually are!
The cake is a moist vanilla buttermilk cake with a fudgy ripple of chopped Oreos running through it and a crunchy chopped cookie "streusel" topping, finished with a drizzle of vanilla icing.

Apart from the Oreo cookies, the ingredients are very basic and the cake takes no more effort to make than the average coffee cake but the results are spectacular and a real crowd pleaser! 

The recipe comes from the book A Passion for Baking by Marcy Goldman, a much underrated baking book that is quickly becoming one of my favourites. I don't publish recipes that aren't my own but if you would like to give this a try, it can be found easily with a quick search of the recipe name.

I'm sharing this post with this month's Cook-your-Books hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zosia,
    Wow, such an impressive looking cake! And it looks delicious with the bits of oreos over the top and in the centre! I have this lovely book, and the pages are fulled with stick-on notes! Thanks for linking with CYB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joyce! The cake is huge but it feeds a lot of people (and freezes well too ;)! ) I hope you enjoy baking from the book; I know I have.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.