Monday, March 16, 2015

Beet, Goat's Cheese and Caper Pizza - IHCC Suitable for the Screen

Pizza and a movie is a long-standing tradition for me so the decision to make one for this week's I Heart Cooking Clubs' theme "Suitable for the Screen" was an easy one. One of the beauties of home made is that they're easy to customize. With beets on this one, Diana Henry's Beet, Goat Cheese, and Caper Pizza, I knew it would be all mine!
I used a different dough recipe, one I was experimenting with by converting it to whole wheat, and since I was making only one pizza, halved the topping recipe, though even that produced far more than I needed for my 30cm round of dough.
I loved it! Roasted beets and goat's cheese are a natural pairing and with the additional sweetness of slowly cooked onions, the salty capers were a welcome foil. This really exceeded my expectations and will definitely be made again. 

If you'd like to try it, the recipe is in Diana's book Plenty but can also be found here.

Visit IHCC to see the other movie time treats members have cooked up.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Zosia, I bet this is delicious, beets and goat cheese is like a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beetroot and goats cheese is so good - I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! I love beets and goat cheese and it won my heart with the capers. I would happily enjoy this with a movie. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully colored and all-grown-up pizza that definitely appeals! Lots of bold flavors and textures with this recipe. Definitely suitable for the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zosia, Such a beautiful and delicious pizza! I have seen this from the book and it did cross my mind to make at that time, but then, I got lazy! Wish I could have a slice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.