Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Sugar-Crusted Lime Loaf Cake and Lime Curd - Gifts From the Heart IHCC

For this week's I Heart Cooking Clubs' theme "Gifts From The Heart", I turned to Diana Henry's book Plenty which provided me with the perfect recipe for gift-giving in the Sugar-Crusted Lemon Loaf Cake. I made the lime variation flavoured with both the zest and juice of the fruit and glazed with a zingy lime syrup, the source of the sugar crust. A moist, dense pound cake redolent with lime, it baked up beautifully tall and golden and lovely.
And what better to accompany it than Raj Nimboo Curd from the book Salt Sugar Smoke, a tart lime curd with just the right amount of sweetness and a very smooth finish. Silky in texture thanks to the butter (twice the amount of my regular recipe!) it was quite rich and luxurious and perfect for gift-giving. A special treat for someone's afternoon tea! 

Visit IHCC to read about the other gifts.

4 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! I've looked at the raj nimboo curd before but never made it. It would definitely be a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely gifts, ones that I would gladly receive! The cake sounds good and I love lemon curds! Perfect gifts for the festive season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are lovely! Perfect for the tea drinking crowd! Great choices for this gift-giving season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, I wish I was on your gift list :-) Love the look of that pound cake, and I've had the raj nimboo curd bookmarked for a while now - I definitely need to make some of that, just perfect for some Xmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.