Monday, December 1, 2014

Dark Chocolate Éclairs - Avid Baker's Challenge

Our two years of baking from the King Arthur Flour website are at an end and for our final recipe, the Avid Baker's Challenge members have baked an über chocolatey treat, Dark Chocolate Éclairs!
Made from classic French Choux Pastry, the light, crisp shell of these delicious pastries was merely an excuse to indulge in a silky, rich chocolate pastry cream filling and a smooth, creamy, bittersweet chocolate ganache glaze. A chocoholic's dream dessert!

If you would like to give these decadent sweets a try, click on the recipe names for the links to KAF. And visit ABC to see the other bakers' creations. 

Next month ABC begins a new challenge, baking from the blog Scientifically Sweet. It looks as though there will be new, fun baking adventures ahead!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful eclairs, Zosia! The chocolate glaze looks so silky and shiny. Yum! I see that you made the chocolate pastry cream as well (some opted for the vanilla pastry cream). I'm wondering if you also experienced issues with KAF's chocolate pastry cream recipe. Mine didn't set enough. I ended up adding more thickener and re-cooking it. It was still tasty but I would expect pastry cream to be of piping consistency which this was not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hanaa. I had no problems with my pastry cream which was of piping consistency. Perhaps it's a difference in the cocoa powder; I used Cacao Barry.

      Delete
  2. Look at that eclair. Tempting and gorgeous. The chocolate glaze looks decadent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sunita. They were a big hit with the tasters.

      Delete
  3. These are definitely a chocolate lovers dream- they look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Trisha. They were good but like you, I prefer a vanilla filling.

      Delete
  4. I agree with all the other comments! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfection in an eclair. Wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Decadent they are with the double chocolate eclairs. Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zosia, I love your eclairs they look awesome they make me want to make some I can taste them from just looking at these pictures "yummy"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.