Monday, May 26, 2014

Baby Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushroom Stir-Fry - IHCC Veg Out!

Nigel refers to this dish as a "lazy-boy stir-fry" and while his recipe for A Stir-Fry of Greens and Mushrooms from The Kitchen Diaries 2 doesn't require the long list of ingredients and amount of chopping of some, it doesn't make it any less delicious. I used baby bok choy and shiitake mushrooms and the simplicity of this dish allowed those ingredients to shine. 
Flavoured with shallots, garlic, hot red chillies, ginger, soy sauce (I skipped the fish sauce to keep this vegetarian-friendly) and fresh coriander, it made a delicious meal for my vegetarian daughter and me to enjoy. It would also be great as a side dish or served over noodles or rice for a more substantial meal.
This week's theme at I Heart Cooking Clubs is vegetable or vegetarian dishes - visit here to see how the other members "vegged out" with featured British chef Nigel Slater.

7 comments:

  1. It's pretty and delicious looking, lots of color. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zosia,
    This looks delicious, have seen this recipe and have bookmarked this to try one of these days! The kinda of veggie dish that is great with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bok choy and mushrooms make for a really hearty stir fry. Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful stir-fry! Great colors and textures and I like that it is satisfying enough for a meal. Great pick! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, that I never tried bok choy, but I should try it with that recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby bok choy and shitake mushrooms is a great combination, and beautifully flavoured too. I could very happily make a meal out of this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.