Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Tilapia with Citrus Bagna Cauda and Broccoli with Lemon Olive Oil - IHCC Potluck

This week is potluck week at I Heart Cooking Clubs, when members have a choice of either cooking with the featured chef Donna Hay, or with any of the previously featured chefs. I'm relatively new to this group - only cooking with my second chef - and I had decided when I joined that I would use potluck week to cook with the chefs I had missed. So this month, I'm cooking with Giada de Laurentiis. I love Italian food and really appreciate her simple approach to it; this recipe for Tilapia with Citrus Bagna Cauda is a perfect example of that
Though (farmed) tilapia is not the most nutritionally sound fish (a little high in omega-6 fatty acids), it's still low in overall fat, easy to cook and its mild flavour makes it very family-friendly so it makes an appearance here for dinner once in a while. Sautéed until cooked through and bathed with a delicious garlic-anchovy sauce flavoured with citrus and fresh basil (you really can't taste the anchovies), this treatment transformed it into something quite special.

In keeping with the citrus theme, I served steamed broccoli dressed with a lemon juice-olive oil blend, the suggested alternative to Meyer lemon flavoured olive oil. Sprinkled with some chopped fresh mint, it was a refreshing change from plain.
The recipes for Tilapia with Citrus Bagna Cauda and Broccoli Florets with Meyer Lemon Olive Oil are from the book Giada's Family Dinners but can also be found here and here (respectively).

Only one chef to go.....Nigella next month!

12 comments:

  1. What a great choice, that looks absolutely delicious (I am pretending those anchovies are not in there, lol). Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zosia,
    This is one beautiful dish! I love the fresh bright colour and how you served it with broccoli! I always look forward to Potluck week, and most of the time, I keep changing my mind over which chef to choose! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked cooking with Giada - this is a very nice choice. You really dressed that tilapia up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a good idea to cook recipes from the chefs we missed here! I will try to do that too if time permits. The fish looks so delicious , I can imagine how it tastes with the fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Simply irresistable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect supper - so bright & fresh, you have also reminded me how I do like Giada :) And I adore the depth of flavour that those little anchovies can deliver. I must dust of some of her cookbooks that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dish and photographs look lovely. I like the idea of cooking dishes from the other chefs. This time though I have stayed with Donna Hay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how I have missed this recipe in the book. I love fish and the garlicky citrus sauce looks amazing. What a great meal! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your idea of cooking through chefs that you missed. I think the only one that I really did well was Tyler Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As soon as I read the title, somehow I knew this was going to be a Giada recipe. I haven't had her book out for ages, so thanks for the reminder. I love her fresh approach to so many dishes and the bagna cauda for this fish is a great example. That sounds heavenly to me and I can't wait to dig that recipe out and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that you are sampling the chefs you missed. I should do that!
    My son is wild over anchovies--he would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Giada was one of my favorite IHCC chefs. My family really enjoys her recipes.
    This one looks delicious. I love the clean citrus flavor with both the fish and the broccoli. It definitely looks like like very pretty and special meal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love her recipes. I wasn't with the group then so I missed her. Good idea to go back and visit the ones you missed. The fish does look really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.