Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lemon and Dill Smoked Salmon Pasta - IHCC Pantry Magic!

One thing I always have in my pantry is dried pasta of all different shapes and sizes so deciding what to make for this week's I Heart Cooking Clubs "Pantry Magic" theme wasn't very difficult. We're currently cooking with Donna Hay and settling on a final recipe was an entirely different matter....so many from which to choose!

The recipe for Lemon and Dill Smoked Salmon Pasta caught my eye. The no-cook sauce combined a few more pantry items (olive oil, capers) with some fresh (lemon, green onions, dill, mint and smoked salmon). It was very quick to prepare - so quick, in fact, I had it made before the pasta water even came to boil!
I really enjoyed the bright, fresh flavours of this delicious dish and thought it special enough to be company-worthy.
The recipe for Lemon and Dill Smoked Salmon Pasta can be found here.

Additional Notes:
- I used whole wheat linguine
- I replaced 1/2 the oil with pasta cooking water
- I used only 150g of salmon (wild pacific coho) which was plenty
- the recipe served 3 generously  

If you'd like to see what the other IHCC members used from their pantries, visit here.

14 comments:

  1. As usual looks amazing. This time I have also participated. Inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice thing to say. Thank you, Sunita. I'm so glad you're joining in, it's such a great group....wonderful administrators and members and such flexibility.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Zosia. It is indeed a great group.

      Delete
  2. Hi Zosia,
    Don't we love our pasta! :)
    This pasta dish looks good. No cook sauce is one of my kids' favourite, they especially love the one I've made from Tessa Kiros recipe. Will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty photos - love this dish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum ... I am such a pasta freak ... this looks like a perfect dinner to me! She really does have a ton of pasta recipes doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one that always sounded good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I could sleep at night without the certainty of knowing that I have at least half a dozen different kinds of pasta in the pantry! Donna Hay is definitely not short of an idea or two for turning any one of those packets of pasta into a quick and easy meal, and I definitely love the sound of this version. I nearly always have capers on hand, and often two or three vacuum packs of smoked salmon in the fridge as well - this one looks like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Zosia! No cook sauce sounds perfect, especially for hot weather. We love pasta and a recipe that takes only the time to cook pasta is much appreciated for busy nights. Thanks for pointing out the pairing of pantry ingredients with fresh ingredients...nice balance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are smoked salmon lovers and I am thinking of making this for a late lunch that I just realized, I have not eaten, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are partners in pasta love :) My pantry is brimming with pasta! I think this dish looks very sophisticated so it's definitely company-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great entry for Pantry Week! All the ingredients in this are just meant to go with each other, aren't they...wonderful photo of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doesn't that look fresh and delicious. And done before the water was ready? I am there!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm... I have this one tagged to make. I love smoked salmon, capers and dill and on top of carbs makes it even better! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.