Monday, August 5, 2013

Grilled Asparagus, Zucchini and Halloumi - IHCC Gorgeously Green

Gorgeously Green, this week's I Heart Cooking Clubs theme, describes this dish of lightly grilled asparagus and zucchini flavoured with basil and served on a bed of peppery arugula perfectly.
I altered the recipe slightly, omitting the oil listed in the recipe and used the garlicky basil oil dressing instead: a light drizzle on the tomatoes before roasting and a barely-there coating on the asparagus and zucchini before grilling. 
Dotted with sweet, roasted cherry tomatoes that were like bites of tomato candy, and topped with salty, grilled halloumi, this was an exceptionally delicious dish. The suggestion that it serves 4-6 is ridiculous....it barely fed 2 it was that good!
The recipe for Chargrilled Asparagus, Courgettes and Manouri is from the book Ottolenghi: The Cookbook, by featured chef Yotam Ottolenghi.

8 comments:

  1. Yep, that dish looks like it feeds 1 or 2 at the most ;-) Those grilled chunks of halloumi look incredible. This definitely looks like a winning dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks great! I never thought about topping arugula with grilled zucchini and asparagus. (However the flavors of halloumi and arugula blend together beautifully!)

    http://makeyoursomedaytoday.blogspot.com/2013/08/grilled-halloumi-salad.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my blog reading this evening is making me yearn for summer! This looks just lovely & I have also found that quite a few of his recipes are so delicious that you do indeed eat enough for 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Halloumi, we eat it often in pita, with tomatoes and lettuce. This salad looks wonderful!
    I just bough Ottolenghi's "Plenty", but haven't made anything from it, yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of Ottolenghi and his flavour combinations. His recipes are often heavy on the oil but that's easy to adjust. I hope you enjoy cooking from his book.

      Delete
  5. Hi Zosia,
    Wow, this is a beautiful looking dish! And it looks so delicious! Another winning combination of ingredients from YO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Perfect grill marks ... summer on a plate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm... I love grilled zucchini and the halloumi just makes it perfect. Beautiful dish! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.