Saturday, August 10, 2013

Avocado and Radish Mini-Tartines


I recently acquired The French Market Cookbook, by Clotilde Dusoulier - actually, I won a copy from the author's blog - and was excited to start cooking from it. A quick look through the book and many flagged recipes later, I decided to try this recipe first since I had everything on hand. It's a simple, no-cook dish based on a traditional French hors d'oeuvres of radishes, salted butter and bread that makes a great appetizer or snack.
The avocado, lightly mashed and seasoned with cumin and lemon juice, replaces the butter on the bread and adds creaminess and delicious flavour. Top it with thinly sliced radishes (I used cucumbers as well) and a final sprinkle of sea salt and you have these delicious little bites.

Like this one, many of the recipes in this vegetarian cookbook look simple and delicious with a focus on seasonal produce...I'm looking forward to trying more.

This post participates in Cook-Your-Books, hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours. Please visit to see what everyone else is cooking this month.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zosia,
    Congratulations for winning the book, how awesome! It sounds like a wonderful cookbook!
    Your mini tartines looks so good, this makes a great lunch, one that I would definitely enjoy!
    Thank you for sharing with CYB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.